The Weigle Information commons holds a variety of contests to encourage students to experiment with digital media. These contests range from our Got Visual? poster contest that promotes visual literacy, to the Sparky Awards, a topic driven video contest. We've also hosted a comic book contest in the past. The Mashup contest is our most popular competition. See the award winners below.
(Mashup) Video Contests
The Weigle Information Commons hosts annual mashup video contests that encourage undergraduates to experiment with creating videos. Please click a link below to view each year's winners:
Resources on Fair Use
- The Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Online Video from the Center for Social Media at American University
- Copyright Resources to Support Publishing and Teaching from the Penn Libraries
- Steps to Making a Mashup Online Tutorial from the Penn Libraries
- Bucks County Community College has created a Video Mashup contest after visiting the Weigle Information Commons
- Our Presentations and Papers page contains additional information on new media contests.