The Weigle Information Commons has supported a variety of student projects through course support as well as open contests. Penn students have created videos, comic books, images, posters, maps and websites over the years.
You can also view all student work on our ScholarlyCommons New Media Showcase.
Video and Graphic Novel Assignments:
- Commodities Videos showcase from Lisa Mitchell's South Asia Studies class (August 2012)
- Voiceover PowerPoint showcase from Lisa Mitchell's South Asia Studies class (November 2011)
- Anthropology Comic Book Showcase - Louise Krasniewicz
- Anthropology Video Showcase - Louise Krasniewicz
- Freshman Writing Seminar Video Showcase - Jacqui Sadashige
- Nurturing Student Creativity with Video Projects - Faculty Development Modules
- Social Work: Qualitative Methods Research Posters - Rosie Frasso
- Urban Studies People and Design Showcase - Richard Berman
- History & Sociology of Science Showcase - Ann Greene
- Exemplary student posters from the CURF Undergraduate Research Symposium (September 2013)
- Exemplary student posters from the CURF Undergraduate Research Symposium (February 2013)
- Research posters showcase from the McNair Scholars Program (Summer 2012)
- Exemplary student posters from the CURF Undergraduate Research Symposium (February and September 2012)
- Each year's Mashup Contest page includes all videos submitted.
- Ryan Leonard, winner of the 2007 Mashup Contest, has created public health videos including this call for immunization showcased in a February 6, 2009 article in the Philadelphia Inquirer, and the Weigle Information Commons Music Video
- Got Visual? Gallery - Student Poster Design Contest, February 2010
- Penn Entries to the Sparky Awards 2009
- Winners of the 2009 Comic Contest conducted by Penn Libraries
- Undergraduate Health Research Project - Sheyla Medina, C'10