The Vitale Digital Media Lab has a large assortment of multimedia equipment to help with your big presentation, phone battery emergencies, or recording 3D videos for your hamster's climb to internet stardom! Current Penn students, faculty, and staff can borrow equipment for both academic and personal use. Equipment can be reserved online through WebCheckout and picked up in the Vitale Digital Media Lab (Weigle Information Commons, Van Pelt Library).
- Eligibility: Current Penn students, faculty and staff with PennKey and active PennCard.
- Borrowing Period: up to 3 days at a time for most items, 4 hours for phone and computer chargers. Equipment may be renewed when brought back to the lab for additional time dependant on availability.
- Overdue fines: $25 per day (or any part of a day) late.
Available equipment includes:
- Audio recorders and microphones
- Digital SLR cameras
- Chargers for cellphones and Mac laptops
- Projectors and screens
- Computer cables and adapters
- And more…
To see a full list of equipment with up-to-date availability and place a reservation, please follow the "Reserve Equipment" link below to visit our WebCheckout site.
Please be aware that the Vitale Digital Media Lab typically closes earlier than WIC. Check the website for the Lab's hours when you plan to pick up or return your equipment.
You can borrow Macbook laptops, an eBeam and assorted peripheral items at the Education Commons desk in person. Just ask the staffperson on duty. The Macbooks are available for individual loan, as well as in a group for use in a class or workshop. The laptops can be used on-site only and cannot be taken outside the Commons. Contact us for more information on reserving the Macbooks for classes, email the Education Commons.