Learn about the academic and personal support services offered by WIC and our campus partners. Please see the individual descriptions below to find out where and when services are available:
Communication Skills: Communication Within the Curriculum (CWiC) Speaking Center provides walk-in assistance with public speaking and presentation skills in Rm 126. Fall 2017 walk-in hours begin on 10/9/17 and are during the following times:
- Tuesdays, 10am to 2pm
- Wednesdays, 12pm to 2pm
- Thursdays, 3pm to 5pm
To contact CWiC, call 215-746-3543 or email email@example.com.
Time and Project Management: The Weingarten Learning Resources Center, a department of the Vice Provost for University Life Division, provides workshops and small-group assistance with project planning, reading, study strategies and time management here. Walk-in assistance is available at their main location in Stouffer Commons. To schedule an appointment, contact Weingarten at 215-573-9235.
Writing Skills: The Marks Family Writing Center provides assistance by appointment only with writing for different audiences and purposes. Drop-in hours are also available for undergraduates at the Writing Center, located at 3808 Walnut Street.
To contact the Writing Center, call 215-573-2729 or make appointments with the online scheduler.
- Excel Office Hours: Alternate Wednesdays from 2-3pm, starting 9/20/17, WIC front tables
- WordPress Office Hours: Alternate Mondays from 1-2pm, starting 10/2/17, WIC front tables
- Digtial Humanities Office Hours: Fridays, 2-4pm, WIC Seminar Room
Don't see the topic you're interested in? Submit a consultation request for help.
- Formatting citations
- Finding books and articles online
- Finding books in the stacks
- Connecting you with subject specialist librarians
- Connecting you with library and Penn services
The Peer Resource Liaisons will be available in WIC on Tuesdays from 8-10pm for the fall semester.
You can also get help accessing information and conducting research by:
- Making an appointment with a subject expert
- Consulting a librarian at the Van Pelt Info Desk
Butler Assistive Technology Room: The Weigle Information Commons facilitates the use of the Butler AT Room and provides technology and instructional support. The room is available 24 hours a day and is reservable online. For more information, call 215-898-7555 or email us.