The Class of 1968 Seminar Room, also known as the WIC Seminar Room, is Room 124 inside the Weigle Information Commons. Enter Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center and head left into the Weigle Information Commons. Walk past the desk, to enter through a glass door on your right next to the elevator.
Just renovated in February 2016, the room seats 35 people and includes:
- Multimedia projection system with connection to a PC, an iMac, personal laptops (VGA and HDMI connections) and a CD/DVD player
- Wall-sized dry-erase whiteboard
- Video-conferencing and recording: ceiling-mounted microphones, room-view camera
- 20 Macbook Pro laptops and 10 PC laptops
- Microphone/headsets for audio and video activities
- Mersive Solstice system for wireless display from phones, tablets and laptops
- Telephone - number for incoming calls: 215-573-4199
Faculty Reservations: We welcome faculty to use the seminar room with their classes in collaboration with Penn Libraries and our Program Partners. The seminar room is designed as a technology-intensive instructional space. You can look up availability below and request one-time use of the WIC Seminar Room. You can also request the room for your course for a full semester by contacting us before May 1 for fall term, October 15 for spring term and March 15 for summer terms. (View current class schedule.)
Please note that student groups can request to use the WIC Seminar Room; we accept up to two reservations per student group per semester.
See more technical details for operating the WIC Seminar Room.